Saturday, January 31, 2009

Letter From Elder Bailey Raymond Pulsipher

Here are some bits and pieces from Bailey's letters we got this week...THE FIRST FROM THE FIELD!

Jan. 27th, 2009

THE PLANE RIDE

It was so much fun. I sat next to Elder Stanford and we had such a good time. We were making one of the Elders mad by acting really dumb. Before take off they sprayed the airplane with de-icer and we were being dumb asking what that did. The one Elder was acting all smart and like he knew everything on earth explaining that it melted the ice on the plane. DUH! So I started acting retarded saying, "No, no. That isn't de-icer. Its water they have to spray the airplane with so it will freeze and weigh the plane down so we don't fly too high and end up in outer space. It was alot of fun. I was glad that there was something distracting me but it wasn't really working. It was hard to fly further and further away. (In a letter before he explained that when he got his call he knew where he was going...to the MTC, but now, he was going somewhere completely foreign and was a bit nervous...)

My new companion is Elder Kerkman from West Jordan. We just went and did service which was shoveling out horse stalls. It was great. So...I have bad news...First off I have to have a part in my hair. Next I can't drink any caffeine, and third is actually really sucky. I can't email you. I can only email my parents.
Today has been pretty crazy. I am in an all biking (no car) area that covers alot of area. I am in Wichita Kansas and cover the Derby Ward. I am going to have such buff legs when I get home.

day later...

I'm a tired boy today because we rode about 20 miles yesterday on our bikes and it was mostly against the wind. But I will get used to it soon.

We played basketball and it was alot of fun except that this old guy came and played. I really liked him because he is old and like completely insane. But I had to guard him and he really really smelled bad. I almost threw up. So I had a hard time blocking him cause I didn't think he was clean. But I will just get used to it cause I will teach alot of people that smell bad.

4 comments:

jenda greenlee said...

this cracks me right up!!!!

Tammy said...

Sounds like he is having a good time and still as crazy as ever. I'm so glad you got a letter from him. I'm sure it's nice to hear from him.

Brittany R. said...

OH NETTIE!
he sounds like he is doing great! Don't you think it is so fun to have a missionary! I am so sorry that he can't email you but hopefully his letters won't take 4 weeks like they do from Paraguay!
love you and miss you!

nEtTiE*sKeTtiE said...

Lol, fun? ha ha! no! At least not yet. It's really hard when your both 21 and he would be gettin home in like 4 months and both of you are watchin friends gettin married thinking "That could totally be us." It was way hard for the both of us to "go." But he knew that it had to be done and that it was right, and he's having a hard time too...we're just not at the point where its "fun" to be away from each other...we have a diff relationship lol but when things pick up we'll both be better...its only the first month ;) it'll get better