Tuesday, January 27, 2009

23 To Go


One month down and 23 to go! Wow, and yet it seems its been a year and one to go.... Bailey is in Wichita Kansas and says its cold and windy! He is in a bike only, no car zone. He bought food on Thursday and by Saturday it was gone. He said his comp was laughin at him saying that he was going to get so fat. He he. He says he see's a church on every block, nothing knew, but that each one is different and some he has never even heard of. He loves the work and wishes he knew more.

As for me I'm sitting at home and its really hard. I try my best to keep busy by studying lots and going with the missionaries when I can. We are teaching a 19 year old girl across the street. I'm learning so that is always good. Being home is hard especially without a job, but the Lord has blessed me with so much comfort and I have gained so much trust in my Savior and brother Jesus Christ. I know that we are doing what is right. And still feel so good about US! I stand firm that no one could make me happier. :) His letters bring me back to life for the next 7 days until I get the next one. They are my adrenaline, something I live for. Its so hard to not hear how he is doing everday! But I know that our marriage and love will be so much stronger from our missions. I'm still waiting for an interview with the Stake President....very anxiously. I am of course so ready to go on and get outta here! It will be hard to be away from family but I am so ready for time to pick up and get busy. I know that even on my mission I will miss him so much, but the happiness that it will bring for the both of us is indescribable.

4 comments:

Amber said...

My dear Nettie,

I love you. You're so amazing! You're such a great example to me & I can look up to you!

Keep me updated on the mission stuff!

Love:ambs

Tammy said...

You are growing up so much. It almost makes me sad. I still remember when I first meet you. You were such a cute little girl. You are such a great example to everyone and so strong. You will be a fabulous missionary, you are so upbeat and dedicated. Love you so much.

Brittany R. said...

Keep it up nettie! It will be totally worth it! T.J. just hit 100 days and I am still alive! Crazy I know! I miss you and love you! Keep me updated on the mission thing for you! You will be amazing...

nEtTiE*sKeTtiE said...

Amber I freaking love you and you know that. I miss you, when we hanging???
And Tammy, are you saying I'm not cute anymore? Lol, jk. I understand he he. Thanks for your comment, you make me feel so good. I love you so much.
And Britt: I think that I died a month before he left and I'm actually just regaining it again....kinda :) Its def hard to be together 24/7 for a year and with cancer and then say goodbye, but its comforting, its better to know that you'll be together again, that its real. I will for sure keep you updated! Good to hear from you!

Love you all :)