Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blessings~Trials~Faith

So its been a while since I've posted and quite a bit has happened. Blessings upon blessing were poured upon me and things really started working out. I was super excited to accept my call to serve in the Independence Missouri Visitors Center. The thought of knowing the same people and going to mission reunions together was exciting. The eternal prespective was a fun way to look at it! I loved the idea and thought what are the odds! We can't just help but be seperated for too long. The day I was sending my acceptance letter I got a call from Bishop telling me i was reassigned to the New York, New York South Mission. Long story short. I was hurt and heart broken and actually...upset. Bailey and I had a hard time with this and I thought that meeting w/the stake pres would help. I also was able to go out with Jenna and James and they were great! I love them both! James was able to bring so much comfort to me and my situation! So I met with Pres. Mumford and he said he didn't know anything other than he had recieved a call from the mission dept. calling to verify that "my fiance was in the same mission." So who's to know, but after time to think, I know that the Lord wouldn't have anything happen that was against his will. I'm sad bc my heart was set on Independence but know that its not where I serve, it's HOW I serve (Bishop Fryar). Thanks everyone for the amazing support. I am super excited to get out there and do my best. I know everything will all work out.

Also! Thanks to my family who came to the temple with me! It was a beautiful experience and I loved seeing you there. And my thoughts and prayers were with those who couldn't make it. I love you.

3 comments:

muumar said...

It was an honor to be there. You were so beautiful and your talk and testimony was so "from the heart" you will be an asset to your mission and all who come in contact with you Love you much

Tammy D said...

You are such an amazing young lady! You are so spiritual and have such a great love that you will be great no matter where you go! I'm so glad I was able to come down and spend sometime with you. It was great to listen to you and your family talk. You guys are the best! Love you!

Unknown said...

Nettie, I so wish we could have made it. We will come for the big family shin dig later. I know you have a strong testimony and don't worry about not knowing everything like we talked about, none of us will ever know everything or else we wouldn't be here right?? lol Anyhow I think you're awesome and can't wait to see you soon. Love Ya.