Tuesday, October 23, 2007

JuStie*s B~dAy


Well its a little later than I wanted to be posting this but I am finally gettin to it! I have been so completely and absolutely busy! But it is paying off for sure! I got to go down for Justie's baptism! We all had so much fun! It was rainy and we got some fun pictures! I loved it! It was so beautiful to see B-rad baptize Justin. He looked like such a missionary. He is growing up so fast. And I know that he'll be out in the mission field before I can even blink. It is funny because we actually already have plans of what we're gonna do when he graduates. Well....the next time I am home is Thanksgiving Break which will be wonderful. I will be home like the 17th through Thanksgiving Weekend. I am so entirely excited to see everyone! I have some awesome news also!!! There is a program called the "International Learning Program." Some of you might have already heard of it but for those who haven't I will explain. It is a program where they take volunteers (usually college students) to foreign places to teach English. It is only $2000 for 5 months! Every since last semester I had had a feeling to find out more about it. When I moved back up here for the 2nd semester I had a friend who had done it and cried while telling me about it. Again, I felt like I should look into it. I took the brochure that I got in the mail about it home to show my dad and he said OK! I didn't even ask if I could go! I was just showing him! I am so pumped! The places you can go are Ukraine, China, Rushia, and I think Bolivia. You can pick where you would want to go and I want to go to China! They say to apply as soon as you can go. You have to be accepted. They just want to make sure that the right pple get in. I was thinking of going Jan-June 09. I then remembered that that would mean missing Brad's Graduation. I am still rethinking about the when part, but I am just absolutely pumped! A guy in the brochure said that the experience for his daughter was that of a year and a half mission in 5 months! I am so excited! Well homework calls! Love all!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

It was so great to see you this weekend! LOVE YA!

Phillips Phamily said...

Looks great! can't wait to see you in 2 weeks! xoxo mom

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to go foreign!! Wish we could come for Thanksgiving. We always have our friends over. It's still fun though. Plus I make your mom's AWESOME bread machine Parker House Rolls. HMMM YUMMY. I can't wait. I wait all year to make them. It's good I only make them once a year or I would be an additional 30lbs over weight. LOL
Love Ya!